SEP Si3 Deduplication
SEP Si3 Deduplication is a scalable, high-performance, inline, global dedupe solution that optimizes disc capacity and provides data access for both deduplicated and non-deduplicated DataStores. It delivers extremely fast restores due to the deduplication repository’s direct block-level access with zero file system overhead, eliminating any performance degradation during read operations. By using variable block sizes, users can compress more data into smaller footprints and maximize limited disk space.
- Maximizes disk space and reduces storage costs
- Operates on any hardware and consolidates data efficiently
- Eliminates the need for expensive hardware-based deduplication appliances
- Decreases power consumption in data centers
When combined with SEP Replication technology, users can maximize their existing infrastructure by creating off-site warm standbys and/or replicating data from any node to any other node.
SEP Si3 Replication
SEP Si3 Replication is an easy and secure way to consistently replicate data between a main data center, a disaster recovery site, remote locations, or to the cloud, providing redundancy for disaster recovery as well as reducing overall disk and tape storage requirements. Users can maximize their existing infrastructure by creating off-site warm standbys and/or replicating data from any node to any other node. Since SEP is completely hardware agnostic, users can replicate to dissimilar hardware among as many nodes as desired. Used in conjunction with SEP Si3 Deduplication, a global, inline, block-level data deduplication solution, this feature will ensure faster backup windows, improved performance and additional data security.
- Reduces disaster recovery costs with hardware agnostic software replication
- Decreases network traffic and maximizes bandwidtch by only sending changed blocks
- Minimizes downtime by automatically creating warm standbys
- Fully integrates into the SEP single platform solution offering a single user interface for the entire enterprise
|Direct block-level access (restore)||
|Multi-Stream Backup integration||
|Replication bandwidth savings (WAN)||
Up to 97%
|Unique data is transferred only once from remote site to data center||
|Maximum Dedupe DataStore size||
|Disc storage savings||
Up to 300:1
|SEP Management Interface integration||
Server, Remote Device
Down to 2K block size